Nebraska horsemen Robert "Red" Lee, who was the key figure in launching Horsemen's Park in 1998 in Omaha, died Nov. 26 in Silver Creek, Neb. He was 88 years old.
The Nebraska Racing Commission is investigating a positive test for dermorphin, a Class 1 pain-killer more powerful than morphine.
The fate of Chester Downs and Marina, a Standardbred racetrack and entertainment center planned for southeast Pennsylvania, could be determined Jan. 9 when the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission meets to rule on the license application.
A plan for a Thoroughbred racetrack to be owned by horse owners has been floated in Pennsylvania, and the group awaits a hearing before the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- The Devil You Say
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint