New Vocations Charity Horse Show will celebrate its 10th year of showcasing the Thoroughbred's athleticism and versatility beyond the track July 6-7.
Uh Oh Bango, winner of the 2009 Prairie Meadows Freshman Stakes, was named Iowa's Horse of the Year by the state's Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
Following a deal that ended a labor dispute between the Illinois Racing Board and state employees and restored Fairmount Park's 52 race dates for 2010, two horse racing officials reflected on the aftermath of the situation.
Fairmount Park, which recently put in place a zero tolerance policy on slaughter, will host an April 23 fundraiser to benefit its newly established Thoroughbred adoption program, Racehorse Alternative Choice Environment.
Atlantic City Race Course, which opened April 23 for six days of all-turf racing, will not send out the simulcast signal of its live meet due to a disagreement with the New Jersey Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
In an attempt to recruit people to support the proposed constitutional amendment for expanded gaming, the Kentucky Equine Education Project urged its members to attend a Feb. 26 committee meeting hearing for the bill, as well as a horse trailer caravan "rally" the same day in Frankfort.
The Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society has announced the release of the 2007 Thoroughbred Improvement Program. The program comes after negotiations with Woodbine Entertainment Group, Fort Erie Racetrack, the Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association, and the approval of the Ontario Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- First Win for United States at Charles Town