The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program has approved awards and classes for more than 850 shows in 43 states and Canadian provinces during 2016.
Applications for The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program's 2014 Performance Awards are now available, and prize money will be offered in addition to ribbons and other prizes.
The Jockey Club's Thoroughbred Incentive Program, which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines upon completion of careers in racing or breeding, has been renewed for the 2013 show season.
Three organizations in New York are teaming up to develop second career opportunities for retired Thoroughbred racehorses by way of a program called TAKE2.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby