Applications for The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program's 2014 Performance Awards are now available, and prize money will be offered in addition to ribbons and other prizes.
The Jockey Club's Thoroughbred Incentive Program, which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines upon completion of careers in racing or breeding, has been renewed for the 2013 show season.
Three organizations in New York are teaming up to develop second career opportunities for retired Thoroughbred racehorses by way of a program called TAKE2.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board