The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program has approved awards and classes for more than 850 shows in 43 states and Canadian provinces during 2016.
Applications for The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program's 2014 Performance Awards are now available, and prize money will be offered in addition to ribbons and other prizes.
The Jockey Club's Thoroughbred Incentive Program, which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines upon completion of careers in racing or breeding, has been renewed for the 2013 show season.
Three organizations in New York are teaming up to develop second career opportunities for retired Thoroughbred racehorses by way of a program called TAKE2.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid