Applications for The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program's 2014 Performance Awards are now available, and prize money will be offered in addition to ribbons and other prizes.
The Jockey Club's Thoroughbred Incentive Program, which encourages the retraining of Thoroughbreds into other disciplines upon completion of careers in racing or breeding, has been renewed for the 2013 show season.
Three organizations in New York are teaming up to develop second career opportunities for retired Thoroughbred racehorses by way of a program called TAKE2.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed