The simple sentence posted at 10:50 a.m. July 17 on the Alberta Downs Facebook page was not especially surprising to anyone following the twists and turns of the small track this summer: "There will be no racing today at Alberta Downs."
Horse Racing Alberta and the government of Alberta have signed a new 10-year agreement that will continue to support the province's horse racing industry.
WAVE3-TV in Louisville, Ky., is the winner of the 2008 media Eclipse Award for local television, it was announced Jan. 5 by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, National Turf Writers Association, and Daily Racing Form. WAVE3-TV earned the honor for its documentary on the 30th anniversary of the Affirmed-Alydar rivalry, "A Legend Re-Affirmed â€" The 1978 Triple Crown." The 30-minute telecast aired on May 1, 2008.
Horse Racing Alberta, the TV company that produced the live telecast of the Alberta Derby for CTV affiliate CFCN in Calgary, Alberta, has won the 2007 Media Eclipse Award for best local television, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Dec. 21.
Horse Racing Alberta on Friday offered a 10-year racetrack license extension to Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta. The extension takes effect Jan. 1, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam