The simple sentence posted at 10:50 a.m. July 17 on the Alberta Downs Facebook page was not especially surprising to anyone following the twists and turns of the small track this summer: "There will be no racing today at Alberta Downs."
Horse Racing Alberta and the government of Alberta have signed a new 10-year agreement that will continue to support the province's horse racing industry.
WAVE3-TV in Louisville, Ky., is the winner of the 2008 media Eclipse Award for local television, it was announced Jan. 5 by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, National Turf Writers Association, and Daily Racing Form. WAVE3-TV earned the honor for its documentary on the 30th anniversary of the Affirmed-Alydar rivalry, "A Legend Re-Affirmed â€" The 1978 Triple Crown." The 30-minute telecast aired on May 1, 2008.
Horse Racing Alberta, the TV company that produced the live telecast of the Alberta Derby for CTV affiliate CFCN in Calgary, Alberta, has won the 2007 Media Eclipse Award for best local television, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Dec. 21.
Horse Racing Alberta on Friday offered a 10-year racetrack license extension to Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta. The extension takes effect Jan. 1, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry