The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted Oct. 27 to recommend revised regulations designed to protect non-race breeds that participate in the multi-breed incentive fund authorized by the state legislature.
Supporters of legislation that would ban the transport of horses to slaughter for human consumption are hopeful the measure will pass Congress this year, a co-sponsor of the bill said May 3. Meanwhile, members of the Kentucky horse industry have united to form the Kentucky Equine Humane Center, a shelter and adoption service for unwanted horses of all breeds.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing