The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted Oct. 27 to recommend revised regulations designed to protect non-race breeds that participate in the multi-breed incentive fund authorized by the state legislature.
- By Tom LaMarra
Supporters of legislation that would ban the transport of horses to slaughter for human consumption are hopeful the measure will pass Congress this year, a co-sponsor of the bill said May 3. Meanwhile, members of the Kentucky horse industry have united to form the Kentucky Equine Humane Center, a shelter and adoption service for unwanted horses of all breeds.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Canadian Horse Racing Plans Anniversary 250 Celebration
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet