The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted Oct. 27 to recommend revised regulations designed to protect non-race breeds that participate in the multi-breed incentive fund authorized by the state legislature.
Supporters of legislation that would ban the transport of horses to slaughter for human consumption are hopeful the measure will pass Congress this year, a co-sponsor of the bill said May 3. Meanwhile, members of the Kentucky horse industry have united to form the Kentucky Equine Humane Center, a shelter and adoption service for unwanted horses of all breeds.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn