Alysheba, a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner and Horse of the Year, was euthanized March 27 at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute near Lexington.
A film crew for 60 Minutes II film crew visited the Kentucky Horse Park's Hall of Champions Friday to capture footage of jockey Jerry Bailey's annual visit with the legendary Cigar.
- By Steve Haskin
With crowds pouring into theaters all over the country to see the movie Seabiscuit, another American legend, John Henry, continues to put on a show each day before thousands of visitors at the Kentucky Horse Park. And according to his handlers, the old boy is still as feisty and ornery as ever at age 28.
- By Ben Baugh
A request from the Horse Park Authority for $3 million from the Florida legislature has been reduced to $750,000 in the Senate's budget, and $1 million in the House's budget.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year