The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will host its next legislative briefing open to industry stakeholders and other interested parties Aug. 21 in the Del Mar Turf Club director's room.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's political action committee cleared the $3 million mark, the organization said Aug. 20.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association reported that 41 of the 44 federal candidates it supported through its political action committee in 2011-12 won their seats in the Nov. 6 election.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Aug. 16 that Peggy Hendershot has been promoted to senior vice president of legislative affairs.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association March 28 released the 2006 Annual Report for its Political Action Committee, Horse PAC. New to the PAC Board in 2007 is owner/breeder Tracy Farmer. Peggy Hendershot, NTRA vice president of legislative and corporate planning, has been appointed PAC president.
Horsemen's groups and other industry stakeholders must educate lawmakers on the importance of foreign workers to the racing industry and other agricultural businesses, panelists said during a Feb. 8 workshop.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has more than doubled the size of the board of directors of its political action committee in order to step up fund-raising efforts.
The Congressional Horse Caucus, now more than 60 members strong, said it supports efforts to stop illegal Internet gambling but said any proposed legislation must be clarified to protect legal pari-mutuel account wagering and simulcasting.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday