Following on the hoofs of successful efforts in Lexington and Ocala, Fla., Louisville, Ky., will soon be filled with artistic horses that will eventually be auctioned.
Marion County continues to show its infectious enthusiasm for Horse
Fever, the joint venture between the Marion Cultural Alliance and the Florida
Breeders and Owners' Association.
When the Marion Cultural Alliance was formed, no one had any idea how successful the concept of Horse Fever would be. On March 22, the auction of 52 fiberglass horses brought $846,000.
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
Horse Mania, Ponies on Parade, Horse Fever. There is no doubt America has it, whatever name it goes by. The third (known) public art display featuring horses came out of the stable last week, and there's still plenty of opportunity to get an artsy horse of your own.
Members from the equine, business and artistic community are coming together in a demonstration of solidarity to show their true colors, as Marion County braces for an outbreak of horse fever.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes