Following on the hoofs of successful efforts in Lexington and Ocala, Fla., Louisville, Ky., will soon be filled with artistic horses that will eventually be auctioned.
Marion County continues to show its infectious enthusiasm for Horse
Fever, the joint venture between the Marion Cultural Alliance and the Florida
Breeders and Owners' Association.
When the Marion Cultural Alliance was formed, no one had any idea how successful the concept of Horse Fever would be. On March 22, the auction of 52 fiberglass horses brought $846,000.
Bits and pieces from around the industry...
Horse Mania, Ponies on Parade, Horse Fever. There is no doubt America has it, whatever name it goes by. The third (known) public art display featuring horses came out of the stable last week, and there's still plenty of opportunity to get an artsy horse of your own.
Members from the equine, business and artistic community are coming together in a demonstration of solidarity to show their true colors, as Marion County braces for an outbreak of horse fever.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- Shedding My Mask