A bloodstock agent, a trainer, and an auction company representative told Kentucky legislators during a Nov.12 subcommittee hearing at the state capitol that the 6% sales tax charged to Kentucky residents on horse purchases should be repealed and that purses distributed at Kentucky racetracks needs to grow along with other states if Kentucky expects to remain the central point of the Thoroughbred industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness