In a state that derives an important part of its identity from horses, it's surprising the number of horses that reside in Kentucky isn't known. In a collaborative effort, the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service, the University of Kentucky Equine Initiative, the Kentucky Horse Council, and the Kentucky Equine Education Project plan to change that this fall with a statewide count of Kentucky's horse population.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Test in Hong Kong
- Horizontal Navigation: Breeding Tab
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown