The Kentucky Equine Education Project has rolled out its statewide advertising campaign geared at informing people about the horse industry.
The director of public affairs for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office said in a May 13 statement published in the Lexington Herald-Leader that the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association does not have "exclusive right" to the phrase "Horse Capital of the World."
- By Tom LaMarra
Is the "Horse Capital of the World" Lexington, Kentucky or Ocala, Forida.? According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, it's Ocala and the surrounding area in Marion County, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work