Sky Mesa, whose son General Quarters entered the Triple Crown picture with an upset victory in the Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) on Feb. 14, has been taken out of service after undergoing surgery for colic over the weekend. Colic is acute abdominal pain.
Precisionist, a Hall of Famer bred and raced by the late Fred Hooper, arrived just in time to christen the new acreage that is home for Old Friends.
- By Gary West
Gaming issues are being widely discussed in Austin, Texas, as the state's legislators look for revenue that might enable them to overhaul school finance.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection