A $230,000 session topper wasn't enough to keep soaring figures afloat Sunday as Keeneland reported a decline in gross, average, and median prices compared to the same session last year, heading into the second half of its November Breeding Stock Sale in Lexington, Ky.
Like all juveniles, Jump Start has some questions to answer if he is to jump up and be victorious in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile at 1 1/16 miles. While he is bred to run all day on top, his female family on his bottom side presents stamina issues that the colt must overcome.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race