Kent Desormeaux will not wear the Hooters patch on his pants when he rides Big Brown postward in the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I). The New York Racing Association refused to approve the endorsement deal June 6, citing a "conflict of interest" between Belmont Park sponsors, which include UPS and NetJets.
When Kent Desormeaux heads to the starting gate aboard Big Brown in the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), viewers won't see the lone UPS logo that was prominently placed on the jockey's pants in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I). Instead, Desormeaux will bear not only the UPS symbol, but also Hooters' orange logo, as the popular restaurant chain represtented by an owl peering through the "OO" in its name becomes his second official sponsor.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- That Handicapping Show: The Travers Stakes
- HRRN to Provide Live Coverage of Travers Card
- Messara Keynote Speaker at IFHA Conference
- American Pharoah Arrives at Saratoga
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers
- The Big Beast Faces Private Zone in Forego
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast