Jim Linscott, longtime track photographer at Hoosier Park, died Dec. 30 at his home in Chesterfield, Ind.
Racing at Hoosier Park was canceled Wednesday night following the third race due to increasingly poor track conditions. An accident in the first race sent jockey Hector Rosario Jr. to the hospital.
Hoosier Park broke a record for all-sources handle during its 70-day meet that ended Dec. 3, but also reported declines in on-track handle, attendance, purses, and starters per race.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch