Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
The late Fred Hooper's Hooper Farm, a farm that contributed to Marion County Florida's emergence as a preferred address for Thoroughbreds, has been sold to Ocala-based Four Star Land Holding. Plans call for the farm to be renamed the Farms at Hooper, and be divided into smaller parcels.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives