Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
- By Ben Baugh
The late Fred Hooper's Hooper Farm, a farm that contributed to Marion County Florida's emergence as a preferred address for Thoroughbreds, has been sold to Ocala-based Four Star Land Holding. Plans call for the farm to be renamed the Farms at Hooper, and be divided into smaller parcels.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont