Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
- By Ben Baugh
The late Fred Hooper's Hooper Farm, a farm that contributed to Marion County Florida's emergence as a preferred address for Thoroughbreds, has been sold to Ocala-based Four Star Land Holding. Plans call for the farm to be renamed the Farms at Hooper, and be divided into smaller parcels.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom