Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
The late Fred Hooper's Hooper Farm, a farm that contributed to Marion County Florida's emergence as a preferred address for Thoroughbreds, has been sold to Ocala-based Four Star Land Holding. Plans call for the farm to be renamed the Farms at Hooper, and be divided into smaller parcels.
Most Popular Stories
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions