Barry Schwartz's Rodman took advantage of an unexpectedly easy lead and was never seriously challenged while romping to a 5 3/4-length score in the $107,500 Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Researcher comes into the $100,000 Queens County off a losing effort but trainer Jeff Runco is still confident his charge is the one to beat.
After his impressive win in $6 million Dubai World Cup UAE-I), Curlin will have a well-deserved rest before returning to the track for the second part of the year, trainer Steve Asmussen said a day after his champion's March 29 victory.
Michael de Kock's domination of the UAE Derby (UAE-II) continued March 29 when his favored duo drew away from the field in the final 200 meters, but it was Honour Devil who demonstrated his superiority with a 4 3/4-length victory over stablemate Royal Vintage at Nad Al Sheba.
Trainer Mike De Kock aims for his fourth UAE Derby (UAE-II) triumph with Royal Vintage and Honour Devil. Massive Drama is best American hope in the about nine-furlong event.
Honour Devil provided trainer Mike de Kock with a perfect birthday gift as he gamely held off stablemate Royal Vintage by a half-length to capture the UAE 2000 Guineas (UAE-III) Feb. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Alert Bay Seeks Repeat Victory in San Francisco Mile