Multiple graded stakes winner Wildcat Red exited his fifth-place finish in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Classic with a right hind injury, trainer Jose Garoffalo said Jan. 19.
If there was any concern about the plodding time turned in by Wildcat Red in his final serious move before the Kentucky Derby, it was not showing on trainer Jose Garoffalo, who seemed in good spirits after the Sunday breeze.
Off his hard-fought runner-up finish in the Gulfstream Park Derby on New Year's Day, Florida-bred Wildcat Red earned his way into the mix for the track's key races for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move