Claiborne Farm's Patrol likes a firm turf and when he finally found it Saturday at Lone Star Park, he proved much the best in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup.
The Bill Mott-trained colt Patrol should be a solid favorite in a field of 11 entered for Saturday's $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup at Lone Star Park.
Acclaimed Racing Stable's 5-year-old gray horse Love the Game provided an exciting finish to the $75,000 Carterista Handicap at Calder Race Course Saturday, running down the pacesetter, Honorable Pic, in the final strides to win by one length.
Calder's turf will be in use prominently for the Friday afternoon opening card with two divisions of the Blazing Sword overnight stakes highlighting the 10-race card.
Mr. Livingston caught Honorable Pic in the last three strides to win the $147,700 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Calder on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill