Claiborne Farm's Patrol likes a firm turf and when he finally found it Saturday at Lone Star Park, he proved much the best in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup.
The Bill Mott-trained colt Patrol should be a solid favorite in a field of 11 entered for Saturday's $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup at Lone Star Park.
Acclaimed Racing Stable's 5-year-old gray horse Love the Game provided an exciting finish to the $75,000 Carterista Handicap at Calder Race Course Saturday, running down the pacesetter, Honorable Pic, in the final strides to win by one length.
Calder's turf will be in use prominently for the Friday afternoon opening card with two divisions of the Blazing Sword overnight stakes highlighting the 10-race card.
Mr. Livingston caught Honorable Pic in the last three strides to win the $147,700 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Calder on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment