Claiborne Farm's Patrol likes a firm turf and when he finally found it Saturday at Lone Star Park, he proved much the best in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup.
The Bill Mott-trained colt Patrol should be a solid favorite in a field of 11 entered for Saturday's $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup at Lone Star Park.
Acclaimed Racing Stable's 5-year-old gray horse Love the Game provided an exciting finish to the $75,000 Carterista Handicap at Calder Race Course Saturday, running down the pacesetter, Honorable Pic, in the final strides to win by one length.
Calder's turf will be in use prominently for the Friday afternoon opening card with two divisions of the Blazing Sword overnight stakes highlighting the 10-race card.
Mr. Livingston caught Honorable Pic in the last three strides to win the $147,700 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap for 3-year-olds and up at Calder on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al