A spectacularly good gallop on the dirt Dec. 12 made it clear that Doctor Dino will not relinquish his Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HK-I) crown on Dec. 14 without an almighty tussle.
Japan-based horses Agnes Digital, Eishin Preston, and Stay Gold swept the three group I races on Sha Tin RaceCourse's Hong Kong International Day card Sunday.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club has announced that 40 horses from nine different countries have made the final cut for the four group races that will be contested at Sha Tin Racecourse on Dec. 16. Included among the top horses scheduled to compete in the Hong Kong International races are this year's Breeders' Cup Mile winner Val Royal as well as three winners of International races last year who are back to defend their titles.
The New Zealand-bred and based mare Sunline stole the show in Hong Kong with a whisker's win in the HK$10 million Mile (HK-I) at Sha Tin. What made her win more impressive was her opponent, local favorite Fairy King Prawn, came on strong with a sixteenth of a mile remaining, but the big bay mare held on past the wire. In the other group races on the card, Fantastic Light won the featured International Cup, Falvelon took the Sprint, and Daliapour won the Vase.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Rising Star Cassatt Captures Ladies Classic