Glencrest Farm LLC's Honey Ryder saved her best running for the final furlong of Sunday's 1 3/8-mile The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT), running down Briviesca in the final strides for a neck victory on the grass at Gulfstream Park.
Often close but still winless in her last 13 starts, trainer Tim Hills is hoping that Sunday's $100,000 The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the turf provides the key that allows Vous to reach the winner's circle at Gulfstream Park.
German-bred Binya, who captured last year's The Very One Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park, will be toting high weight of 118 pounds against 10 rivals in Saturday's Suwannee River Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream.
The Bobby Frankel-trained Arvada held off favored Humaita by a head to win the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares on the turf Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Lucifer's Stone and Western Ransom hooked up in a thrilling stretch duel in Wednesday's $113,500 Appalachian Stakes at Keeneland, with jockey Jose Santos moving Lucifer's Stone to the outside of Western Ransom to score a head win.
Trainer Linda Rice may have a budding turf star in fast-improving Lucifer's Stone, who hit the starting gate and was steadied on the far turn but managed to win the $100,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner