Millionaire Meteor Storm and 13-year-old stallion Holzmeister, along with grade I stakes-placed Tiger Heart, have been purchased for stallion duty in Brazil.
A filly by Menifee consigned by O & H Bloodstock (Terry Oliver and Bo Hunt) zipped an eighth in :10 flat to post the fastest time at the distance at the second session of the Under Tack Preview Sunday for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2007 March Sale of Selected 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Gary Tanaka's Dixie Meister dug deep to hold off the surging Armenian Summer by a nose to win Saturday's $150,000 San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II) for older horses at Santa Anita.
Dixie Meister, who had never won a race outside of Texas, established himself as a contender for the $750,000 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) with a one-length victory over Super Frolic in the $250,000 Californian (gr. II) on Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Canadian grade I winner Holzmeister was represented by his first winner when Miss Meister won May 11
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls