Darley has purchased a majority interest in current Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Cairo Prince. The son of Pioneerof the Nile will race in the blue silks of Godolphin Racing.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
His slate-gray tail streaming behind him, Cairo Prince put on quite a show in the $400,000 Miller Lite Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 25 at Gulfstream Park, winning by 5 3/4 lengths over 10 other 3-year-olds.
Holy Bubbette made her first trip to Woodbine a winning one, capturing the $136,000 Whimsical Stakes for older fillies and mares on Sunday.
Laura and Eugene Melnyk's favored Harmony Lodge became a repeat winner of the $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Gulfstream Park, her third consecutive graded stakes victory.
Four-year-old filly Barbara O'Brien scored her first graded stakes victory, taking the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap (gr. III) at Calder during Grand Slam I on Saturday.
Jockey Jerry Bailey, who has broken his own North American purse earnings record with more than $23.3 million and eclipsed the one-year total for stakes wins, will be aboard a pair of favorites in stakes Saturday at Calder Race Course, where his remarkable 2003 season began.
Joseph Allen's Randaroo raced close to the lead and then wrested command past the 1/16th marker and drove to victory in the $150,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Pimlico.
Five of the eight starters in Saturday's $150,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico are added money winners, led by the Tom Amoss-trained Holy Bubbette.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher