Running a pair of historically relevant and pricey late-season grade I races is not in the best business interest of Los Alamitos Race Course. Two weeks of racing in December is not enough to support two grade I races and their purses.
Los Alamitos Race Course will not be able to support the 2016 editions of the Los Alamitos Futurity (gr. I) and the Starlet (gr. I), track official Brad McKinzie said during a California Horse Racing Board session Nov. 19.
Third-place finisher in the BC Juvenile Fillies seeks her first grade I win.
Evan recaps weekend racing including Rosie Napravnik's victory, Executiveprivilege's performance and more! watch video
Pure Fun, the lone shipper in this year's grade I Hollywood Starlet Stakes, turned in an electric performance in rallying from last at the quarter pole to win by one length Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Frank and Pete handicap the Hollywood Starlet Stakes. Watch Video
Frank and Pete handicap the Hollywood Starlet Stakes. Download Brisnet Past Performances for the Hollywood Starlet.
With a victory in the $500,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park, Executiveprivilege could set off quite a debate for the Eclipse Award in the juvenile filly division.
The first round of nominations for both the CashCall Futurity (gr. I) and the Hollywood Starlet Stakes (gr. I) are up over last year, according to Martin Panza, Hollywood Park's racing secretary and vice president-racing.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Habibti edged 4-5 favorite You in the $358,000 Hollywood Starlet Stakes to earn her second career grade I victory in Hollywood Park's Sunday feature race.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement