Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course held its first-ever racing program Nov. 24 before a fairly large crowd on a wild weather day in northeastern Ohio.
Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course received a racing permit from the Ohio State Racing Commission March 27 and plans to offer 21 days of Thoroughbred racing this fall.
The Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has signed 10-year racing agreements with the under-construction Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course and ThistleDown Racino, formerly known as Thistledown.
Penn National Gaming Inc. and the Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have reached an agreement in regard to the under-construction Youngstown-area racetrack that will replace Beulah Park.
Construction of a new racetrack gaming facility in the Mahoning Valley is well under way, but the track's owner and the Ohio State Racing Commission continued a battle over a commitment on the number of stalls Jan. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile