A pair of new stakes have been added to the upcoming Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley meet that begins Oct. 30 and will become part of the 22-race, $5.35 million Penn Gaming Racing Challenge.
Due to severe winter weather, including high winds and record low temperatures, Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course has canceled its live racing program scheduled for Feb. 24.
Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course held its first-ever racing program Nov. 24 before a fairly large crowd on a wild weather day in northeastern Ohio.
Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course received a racing permit from the Ohio State Racing Commission March 27 and plans to offer 21 days of Thoroughbred racing this fall.
The Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has signed 10-year racing agreements with the under-construction Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course and ThistleDown Racino, formerly known as Thistledown.
Penn National Gaming Inc. and the Ohio Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association have reached an agreement in regard to the under-construction Youngstown-area racetrack that will replace Beulah Park.
Construction of a new racetrack gaming facility in the Mahoning Valley is well under way, but the track's owner and the Ohio State Racing Commission continued a battle over a commitment on the number of stalls Jan. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time