Pennsylvania-bred 5-year-old Page McKenney, who needed 13 starts to break his maiden in claiming company two years ago, has developed into a legitimate competitor in graded stakes.
As 2014 came to a close, fewer than 25 racetracks were able to field more than eight horses per races, according to a review of statistics. And the top two tracks on the list each raced only five programs.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Hollywood Casino At Charles Town Races has upped the purse for the 2013 Charles Town Classic (gr. II) to $1.5 million from $1 million.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced the eight new members of the Charles Town Racing Hall of Fame to be inducted at the track Saturday, Dec. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm