Pennsylvania-bred 5-year-old Page McKenney, who needed 13 starts to break his maiden in claiming company two years ago, has developed into a legitimate competitor in graded stakes.
As 2014 came to a close, fewer than 25 racetracks were able to field more than eight horses per races, according to a review of statistics. And the top two tracks on the list each raced only five programs.
A West Virginia-based trainer has been deemed ineligible for a license, and three others were suspended in connection with alleged use of "program trainers" at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Hollywood Casino At Charles Town Races has upped the purse for the 2013 Charles Town Classic (gr. II) to $1.5 million from $1 million.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced the eight new members of the Charles Town Racing Hall of Fame to be inducted at the track Saturday, Dec. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- The Devil You Say
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired