Holly Rincon will most likely retire her 5-year-old homebred chestnut horse Remarkable News after his unplaced effort in the Oct. 27 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park.
Favored Remarkable News, given a judicious ride by Ramon Dominguez, controlled the pace of Saturday's $232,000 Firecracker Handicap (gr. IIT) and drove to a measured 2 3/4-length win on the Churchill Downs turf.
Remarkable News won the Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) at Pimlico after Mending Fences sustained an injury while racing on the lead.
Holly Rincon's Remarkable News took the lead at the start of the $150,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) and never looked back, notching a convincing victory while leaving the 3-5 favorite Artie Schiller a well-beaten fourth at Saratoga Sunday.
Odds-on choice Remarkable News, Javier Castellano in the irons, fought off two stubborn rivals to capture the $150,000 Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIIT) by a nose in dramatic fashion Sunday at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa