Godolphin Flying Start graduate joins family business
Barry Irwin had faith in the horse he bred and is being rewarded with a chance to participate in the first leg of the Triple Crown.
The 18-year-old mare, honored as champion 3-year-old filly in 1995, will be bred to Unbridled's Song.
Calling it a bargain, Wyoming horse owner William J. Sims went to $450,000 to acquire a colt by Storm Cat to highlight the early portion of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 14.
"I've never seen anything like this," said Holly Bandoroff of Denali Stud of a bizarre incident that involved a well-bred dark bay or brown filly, a bald man in a plaid shirt, at least three Fasig-Tipton officials, and several policemen during the second and final session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale in New York Aug. 11.
What will the yearling selling season of 2009 be like? A story with comments from a variety of auction participants appeared in the June 27 edition of The Blood-Horse and also was published on the magazine's Web site: www.bloodhorse.com. Now, two more people, Lincoln Collins and Craig Bandoroff, weigh in on the subject.
South African champion Ipi Tombe will be offered by Craig and Holly Bandoroff's Denali Stud, as agent, at this year's Tattersalls December sales in England.
A weanling full sister to 2000 Horse of the Year and two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Tiznow sold for $950,000 early during Saturday's session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby