Lorraine and Rod Rodriguez's Bossanova, winner of the Fall Weight Handicap (gr. III) in November, was euthanized Sunday after fracturing both sesamoid bones of his right foreleg during the stretch run of the $81,675 Hollie Hughes Handicap at Aqueduct.
Blizzard-like conditions in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area wiped out racing at Laurel Park for the entire Presidents' Day weekend, forcing the Maryland Jockey Club to reschedule the winter meeting's two major stakes this Saturday. At Aqueduct, racing was postponed after Sunday's first race and for Monday's entire card/
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Jockey Taylor Hole Rides 2,000th Winner
- Ostrolenka Appears Poised for Mike Lee Stakes
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles