Attorneys for Emmanuel de Seroux and his Narvick International bloodstock agency issued a statement late Tuesday saying their client has done nothing wrong and, in fact, is owed money by Jess Jackson, the California winemaker who sued de Seroux and five others for alleged fraudulent misrepresentation in numerous bloodstock transactions from 2003-05.
Rossard, a champion in Denmark and Sweden and a grade I winner in the United States, was found dead in a field at Steve and Cindy Stewart's Huntertown Farm near Paris, Ky.
Suspected stamina limitations made it hard to predict a victory for Ouija Board in today's Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I) over 12 furlongs at Epsom, but that didn't stop the daughter of Cape Cross surging to an emphatic and historic seven-length win.
Pearl of Love and jockey Darryll Holland made every step a winning one in winning the Galileo Futurity Stakes (Ire-II) impressively by 3 1/2 lenghts at The Curragh on Saturday.
Longshot runners trained by David Nicholls ran one-two in the group I July Cup at Newmarket, England Thursday.
This is one case of supply and demand that does not paint a pretty picture. There are so many animals to be slaughtered in England because of foot and mouth disease that the government cannot keep up with the demand.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy