Reigning juvenile filly champion Storm Flag Flying has yet to race in 2003, but that did not stop racing fans across the United States from making the unbeaten filly a solid favorite in Churchill Downs' inaugural Kentucky Oaks Future Wager, which ended its four-day run on April 6.
Elloluv, who ran away from previously undefeated Lady Tak and the remainder of the Ashland Stakes (gr. I) field in an impressive display at Keeneland Saturday, is still a good price in Kentucky Oaks Future Wager at 12-1.
J. Paul Reddam's Elloluv, the second-best filly on the West Coast, shipped into Keeneland on Saturday to post a mild upset over previously undefeated Lady Tak in the grade I, $551,750 Ashland Stakes (gr. I).
Undefeated Storm Flag Flying is a lukewarm favorite at 5-1 in the first-ever Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) Future Wager as the betting closed on Friday.
Even-money favorite Ivanavinalot found the winner's circle again after a pair of runner-up finishes to begin the 2003 season, defeating front-running My Boston Gal by 1 3/4 length in the $200,000 Bonnie Miss Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park on Friday.
Heavily-favored My Boston Gal remained undefeated Saturday, displaying an explosive stretch run to post a 3 1/4-length win over Holiday Lady in Churchill Downs' $219,600 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 mile.
A pair of unbeaten contenders for Saturday's $250,000 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II), Cat Genius and Ten Cents A Shine, turned in their final pre-race works on Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile