Turfway Park will begin its four-month run of live racing Dec. 3 and offer its first stakes, the $50,000 Holiday Inaugural for fillies and mares, on the first Saturday program of the meet Dec. 5.
Live racing returns to Turfway Park on Nov. 25 for a 27-day Holiday meet highlighted by six stakes, including the $55,000 Magic City Classic for Alabama-breds on opening day.
A full field of 12 is scheduled to compete in Saturday's Holiday Inaugural Stakes, the first stakes event of the "winter" season in Kentucky. Turfway kicked off its Holiday Meet Nov. 25, and will race straight through to early April.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham