Youbet.com, which recently topped the $1-billion mark in handle, announced Feb. 8 it has a letter of intent to acquire International Racing Group, the Curacao-based account wagering company named but not charged in an 88-count federal indictment that alleged illegal gambling.
As the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Wagering Systems Task Force prepares to hear recommendations on ways to address the "handle up, purses down" situation, operators of high-volume betting shops believe they might be a target and suggest that, as generators of up to 15% of annual handle in North America, they should be directly involved in the process.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year