Morning training at Meydan on March 28, including Belshazzar (white #3), Tokei Halo (Yellow #8), Dabadiyan (Red #3), Joy and Fun (Gold #9), Emirates Flyer (Pink #3), Gabrial (Blue #15), Hokko Tarumae (White #5), and more. Watch Video
Several contenders for the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), including last year's runner-up Red Cadeaux, took to the track March 24 at Meydan to stretch their legs before the world's richest race March 29.
Japan's first group I race of the year was won in fine style by Copano Rickey, who pulled off a massive upset with his half-length triumph over Hokko Tarumae in the February Stakes Feb. 23 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Belshazzar, whose once-promising career was curtailed by health issues, stormed to victory in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) Dec. 1 at Hanshin, while U.S.-based Pants On Fire had trouble in the gate and finished last.
Nihonpiro Ours scored his first win at the top level with a dominant performance in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) on Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician