Will Take Charge, Mucho Macho Man, Silver Charm, Gulfstream Park, Los Alamitos, & More view slideshow
With two previous third-place finishes in the race formerly known as the Japan Cup Dirt, Michiaki Yabe's Hokko Tarumae was too powerful this year and won the $1,638,183 Champions Cup (Jpn-I) Dec. 7 at Chukyo Racecourse.
Morning training at Meydan on March 28, including Belshazzar (white #3), Tokei Halo (Yellow #8), Dabadiyan (Red #3), Joy and Fun (Gold #9), Emirates Flyer (Pink #3), Gabrial (Blue #15), Hokko Tarumae (White #5), and more. Watch Video
Several contenders for the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), including last year's runner-up Red Cadeaux, took to the track March 24 at Meydan to stretch their legs before the world's richest race March 29.
Japan's first group I race of the year was won in fine style by Copano Rickey, who pulled off a massive upset with his half-length triumph over Hokko Tarumae in the February Stakes Feb. 23 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Belshazzar, whose once-promising career was curtailed by health issues, stormed to victory in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) Dec. 1 at Hanshin, while U.S.-based Pants On Fire had trouble in the gate and finished last.
Nihonpiro Ours scored his first win at the top level with a dominant performance in the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) on Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives