An automatic berth in the 2012 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) will be on the line when nine well-matched horses line up for the $200,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 25.
Just four rivals are up to the challenge of taking on defending champion Acclamation in the $300,000 Eddie Reads Stakes (gr. IT), the first grade I event of the year at Del Mar July 21.
Bourbon Bay will start as an overwhelming favorite in the marathon $150,000 San Juan Capistrano Handicap (gr. IIT) as the curtain comes down on Santa Anita Park for the 75th season April 22.
The 1 1/2-mile San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. IIT) at rainy Santa Anita came down to the final jump when favored Bourbon Bay nipped Slim Shadey by a head on the turf March 25.
Improving Slim Shadey aims for his second straight graded stakes win over Santa Anita's turf course when he faces five opponents in the $150,000 San Luis Rey Stakes (gr. IIT) March 25.
Garrett Gomez is scheduled to resume riding March 22, according to his agent, after the two-time Eclipse Award winner was forced to abort an earlier comeback.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Seagram Cup Next on Sky Captain's Itinerary
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray