A U.S. District Court judge on Thursday ruled to dismiss a fraud and breach of contract suit involving the retirement of 1998 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Real Quiet.
Four years after they purchased and expanded Highland Farm near Paris, Ky., George and Kay Hofmeister have listed the Bourbon County estate for sale for $60 million.
Four years after buying and building Highland Farm, near Paris, Ky., George and Kay Hofmeister have listed the Bourbon County estate for sale for $60 million. "We're going to scale way back, but we're not going to leave the industry," George Hofmeister said Thursday.
Pine Dance rallied from next-to-last to win the $300,000 Pennsylvania Derby (gr. III) by three lengths while making his dirt track racing debut on a sloppy track Monday at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76