Banker's Gold, a grade II winner who stood in the U.S. before being sent to Cyprus earlier this year, was euthanized in April.
Champion Sky Beauty, one of the top racemares of the 1990s, died in Kentucky from foundering. She had delivered a Storm Cat colt May 28 for Eagle Holdings, a subsidiary of Irish-based Coolmore Stud.
Heritage of Gold began her 6-year-old campaign the same way she started her 5-year-old season – defeating Lu Ravi in the Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III). The one-two finishers from last year's renewal of the $200,000 race duplicated their performances Sunday at Oaklawn Park. This year the exacta returned $9.60.
Another Win For Gold Beauty
Most Popular Stories
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned