R. Larry Johnson's favored Street Magician hit the rail while squeezing through a hole in the stretch, but persevered to win the $100,000 Hirsch Jacobs (gr. III) for 3-year-olds by one length at Pimlico Saturday.
Southwestern Heat, the first foal out of champion filly Xtra Heat, will take a big step up in class when he competes in the six-furlong Hirsch Jacobs Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 19.
Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell