R. Larry Johnson's favored Street Magician hit the rail while squeezing through a hole in the stretch, but persevered to win the $100,000 Hirsch Jacobs (gr. III) for 3-year-olds by one length at Pimlico Saturday.
Southwestern Heat, the first foal out of champion filly Xtra Heat, will take a big step up in class when he competes in the six-furlong Hirsch Jacobs Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 19.
Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch