R. Larry Johnson's favored Street Magician hit the rail while squeezing through a hole in the stretch, but persevered to win the $100,000 Hirsch Jacobs (gr. III) for 3-year-olds by one length at Pimlico Saturday.
Southwestern Heat, the first foal out of champion filly Xtra Heat, will take a big step up in class when he competes in the six-furlong Hirsch Jacobs Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico May 19.
Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- First Winner for Adios Charlie
- Cavorting Drops a Level to Prioress
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Pinnacle Peak Ships to Monmouth for Sapling
- KY Downs Horsemen Can Pledge to TCA
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board