Sunny Ho, who had been in the Intensive Care Unit at Highland Hospital in Oakland since sustaining a serious brain injury in a spill on March 2, was moved from the ICU Friday.
Sunny Ho, the 44-year-old jockey who was severely injured in a March 1 racing accident at Golden Gate Fields, continues to make significant gains after undergoing emergency brain surgery last week.
Jockey Sunny Ho was listed in critical condition Thursday after undergoing emergency surgery Wednesday night for bleeding in his brain after being thrown in the seventh race at Golden Gate Fields.
As a juvenile, Victory Vein (Mr Henrysee-Protective) dominated her age group in Australia, winning two group Ievents and being ever so narrowly beaten in a photo in the AUD$3million (U.S.$2,063,000) Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I). On Wednesday, she was sold at public auction for an Australian record price as Day Three of the Magic Millions Gold Coast National Thoroughbred sale concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies