A historical look at the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), the second jewel of the Triple Crown. view infographic
A historical look at the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) prior to California Chrome's victory. view infographic
A historical look at the Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I). view infographic
A historical look at the Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I). view infographic
A historical look at the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I). view infographic
A historical look at the Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I). view infographic
View highlights from Ramon Dominguez's career as a jockey. view slideshow
The 2013 Triple Crown left us much to celebrate. read blog
Trainer Doug Davis made everyone's life more interesting. He was a big man with a thunderous voice and a gaudy appetite for life. read blog
Cot Campbell gives a behind-the-scenes look at the career of trainer Buddy Raines. read blog
With a big Memorial Day weekend of racing on tap, I am reminded of a bygone era when both media and horses were treated differently. Read Blog
The 45th renewal of the New York Breeders' Futurity, set to be held Oct. 6 at Finger Lakes Racetrack, offers the largest purse in the history of the Western New York track with $269,200 available to New York-bred 2-year-olds sprinting six furlongs over the dirt.
Oakhurst, a graded stakes-placed son of Dynaformer, will stand at History Stallion Station near Hobbs, N.M.
The great Citation began his 1948 Horse of the Year campaign with a victory in allowance company at Hialeah.
Most Popular Stories
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas