The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
An attorney for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said it is possible the state's racetracks could be approved to offer a form of "Instant Racing" before the state's Court of Appeals rules on its legality.
A decision on whether Instant Racing is a legal form of gambling should go straight to the state Supreme Court, says the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and the state's racetracks.
A Kentucky judge has set Dec. 14 as the date when all sides will present oral arguments on whether a form of Instant Racing proposed for the state's racetracks is legal.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win