The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
An attorney for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said it is possible the state's racetracks could be approved to offer a form of "Instant Racing" before the state's Court of Appeals rules on its legality.
A decision on whether Instant Racing is a legal form of gambling should go straight to the state Supreme Court, says the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and the state's racetracks.
A Kentucky judge has set Dec. 14 as the date when all sides will present oral arguments on whether a form of Instant Racing proposed for the state's racetracks is legal.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale