The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
An attorney for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said it is possible the state's racetracks could be approved to offer a form of "Instant Racing" before the state's Court of Appeals rules on its legality.
A decision on whether Instant Racing is a legal form of gambling should go straight to the state Supreme Court, says the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and the state's racetracks.
A Kentucky judge has set Dec. 14 as the date when all sides will present oral arguments on whether a form of Instant Racing proposed for the state's racetracks is legal.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares