The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
An attorney for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said it is possible the state's racetracks could be approved to offer a form of "Instant Racing" before the state's Court of Appeals rules on its legality.
A decision on whether Instant Racing is a legal form of gambling should go straight to the state Supreme Court, says the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and the state's racetracks.
A Kentucky judge has set Dec. 14 as the date when all sides will present oral arguments on whether a form of Instant Racing proposed for the state's racetracks is legal.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby