The president of Kentucky Downs said the track is nearing completion of work needed to implement a form of Instant Racing and that it will be a "first class" operation and that the opening date will be announced soon.
An attorney for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission said it is possible the state's racetracks could be approved to offer a form of "Instant Racing" before the state's Court of Appeals rules on its legality.
A decision on whether Instant Racing is a legal form of gambling should go straight to the state Supreme Court, says the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and the state's racetracks.
A Kentucky judge has set Dec. 14 as the date when all sides will present oral arguments on whether a form of Instant Racing proposed for the state's racetracks is legal.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Mubtaahij Races For 'Other' Sheikh in Belmont
- Tonalist Looks to Continue Met Mile Trend
- Champion Escena Dead at Age 22 in Kentucky
- NBC, NYRA Extend Belmont Stakes Contract
- McCauley Appointed to TCA Board of Directors
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Mitchell to Retire from Juddmonte Farms