Former New Zealand champion Silent Achiever overhauled longtime pacesetter Historian and won the Lindauer New Zealand Stakes (NZ-I), one of two group I races on the March 8 card at Ellerslie.
Historian made all the pace and posted the second group I win of his career in the Zabeel Classic Dec. 26 at Ellerslie.
Ngai Chun-Hung's former New Zealand classic-placed Historian posted an unlikely win at the group I level Jan. 25 at Trentham when edging Lady Kipling in the Harcourts Thorndon Mile.
The Maryland racing community lost one of its most prominent members when award-winning journalist and racing historian Joseph B. Kelly passed away Nov. 26 after a short battle with cancer. He was 94.
Tom Gilcoyne, the retired historian at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame known for his photographic memory and sharp wit, died at the age of 91 on Jan 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Bayern's 2016 Fee Announced at $15,000
- Claiborne Adds Lea, Announces 2016 Fees
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- McGaughey Pleased With Honor Code's Breeze
- Killin Me Smalls Takes BC Premier's Handicap
- Artemis Agrotera May Return in Breeders' Cup
- Touching Promise Dances to Ballerina Victory
- Keeneland Racing Surface Procedures Reviewed
- Partisan Politics Prevails in the Pebbles