Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Leading Sire of 2014 - Tapit
- Can Shared Belief Be Beaten in the Malibu?
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic