Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- KY Derby: Pletcher on April 18 Derby Works
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win