Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Adelaide Strikes From Last to Win Cox Plate
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work