Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- First Starters for Stay Thirsty, Shackleford
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby