Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- No Grade for 2015 Herecomesthebride Stakes
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/3/2015
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA