Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Coltimus Prime Versus Ami's Holiday Again
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa
- Former BH Librarian Theresa Fitzgerald Dies
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- TVG Sweepstakes Offers Melbourne Cup Trip
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94