Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award