Naify and Woodside Farms' Blackdoun, a French-bred colt making his American debut, set a stakes record of 1:33 2/5 for the mile on the Del Mar grass Wednesday for an impressive triumph in the featured second division of the Oceanside Stakes on opening day of Del Mar's summer racing season.
Twice as Bad, a 3-year-old gray colt whose West Coast debut in last month's Lazaro S. Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. II) at seven furlongs resulted in a resounding three-length victory, will seek his first route win in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) Saturday.
There are eight firm candidates for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II), according to the racing office at Turfway Park, with as many as four others riding the fence.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Godolphin's Romansh on Schedule for Whitney