The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has announced the launch of the Kentucky Initiative. Hallway Feeds, Hinkle Farms, the Keeneland Association, and Reynolds Bell Thoroughbred Services have joined as founding partners
Gunpowder Farm's Divisidero will have a new rider when the 4-year-old son of Kitten's Joy makes his first start since last July in the $150,000 Canadian Turf (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
Free as a Bird and Ageless, the one-two finishers in last year's Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes going 5 1/2 furlongs on turf, will meet again at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Lael Stables' Ageless ran down front-runner Leigh Court in the stretch and won the Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in course-record time July 26 at Woodbine.
Lael Stables' Ageless showed her sprinting prowess on turf for the third straight time this season when taking the $142,111 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in a course-record equaling time on the turf July 27 at Woodbine.
As her name implies, Ageless, winner of the $100,000 The Very One Stakes Presented by HRTV May 17 at Pimlico Race Course, continues to improve with age.
Buy the Barrel, a three-time stakes winner this year, has been retired
On May 17, the jockeys at Pimlico wore patches on their boots to honor Eight Belles. Each time the television networks showed a replay of Big Brown's latest performance, the late runner's image filled the frame. And when Buy the Barrel took the $150,000 Allaire DuPont Distaff Handicap (gr. II) for trainer Larry Jones and jockey Gabriel Saez, we were reminded of Eight Belles once again.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown