Gunpowder Farm's Divisidero will have a new rider when the 4-year-old son of Kitten's Joy makes his first start since last July in the $150,000 Canadian Turf (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
Free as a Bird and Ageless, the one-two finishers in last year's Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes going 5 1/2 furlongs on turf, will meet again at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Lael Stables' Ageless ran down front-runner Leigh Court in the stretch and won the Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in course-record time July 26 at Woodbine.
Lael Stables' Ageless showed her sprinting prowess on turf for the third straight time this season when taking the $142,111 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in a course-record equaling time on the turf July 27 at Woodbine.
As her name implies, Ageless, winner of the $100,000 The Very One Stakes Presented by HRTV May 17 at Pimlico Race Course, continues to improve with age.
Buy the Barrel, a three-time stakes winner this year, has been retired
On May 17, the jockeys at Pimlico wore patches on their boots to honor Eight Belles. Each time the television networks showed a replay of Big Brown's latest performance, the late runner's image filled the frame. And when Buy the Barrel took the $150,000 Allaire DuPont Distaff Handicap (gr. II) for trainer Larry Jones and jockey Gabriel Saez, we were reminded of Eight Belles once again.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop