Buffythecenterfold and jockey Victor Espinoza looped the leaders on the turn for home and went on to win the $107,200 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Saturday's $256,400 WinStar Sunland Park Oaks at one mile drew a top notch field of nine runners to the New Mexico oval.
English-bred Luvah Girl wore down Himalayan in the stretch run and held off a flying Katdogawn by a head to capture Friday's $110,800 La Habra Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by a head at Santa Anita Park.
Luvah Girl, front-running winner of the seven-furlong, Group II Rockfel Stakes at Newmarket in her final race in England in October, will be part of a full field of 14 for her United States debut Friday in the $100,000 La Habra Stakes at Santa Anita.
J. Paul Reddam's Elloluv rallied from the outside with Watching You through the stretch, pulling away in the late stages to capture the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Monday.
Although trainer Mel Stute believes she is versatile enough not to have to be on the lead, Buffythecenterfold certainly seems to be the one to catch in Saturday's $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at 6 1/2 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy