Miss Temple City ran to her 6-5 favoritism May 15, taking the $100,000 Hilltop Stakes presented by Rams Head Group at Pimlico Race Course to notch her first stakes score.
The Jim Stable's Maryland-bred stalwart Ben's Cat goes for a fourth Jim McKay Turf Sprint Stakes victory May 15 at Pimlico Race Course.
The $100,000 Jim McKay Turf Sprint was moved to the main track after heavy rain in Baltimore, but it made little difference to Ben's Cat, who won the event for the third time in four years May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Dance the Bristol continued her roll with a strong win in the $100,000 Skipat Stakes at Pimlico Race Course May 17, then I'm Mom's Favorite got up in the shadow of the wire in the $100,000 Ms. Preakness Pink Warrior.
Hidden Creek Farm's Street Sounds left the starting gate as the 1-5 favorite, quickly spurted to the lead from her outside post, and raced on cruise the rest of the way to score an easy victory in the $60,000 Hilltop Stakes for 3-year-old fillies contested over firm turf Saturday at Pimlico.
After nine fillies scratched out of the Hilltop Stakes when the race was switched from the soggy turf to the good main track, the lead was left to Michael Gill's City Fire. She promptly dashed to the front and never looked back, winning by three lengths in 1:44.30 for the 1-1/16 mile distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm