Hillary Crain, chairman of the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, is being replaced by Gov. Kathleen Blanco. Crain, the state's top gaming regulator, presided over his last board meeting April 12 in Baton Rouge, and was expected to announce his resignation as chairman after having served eight years.
Slot machines at Louisiana Downs in Bossier City, La., appear to have impacted five riverboat casinos in the Shreveport/Bossier City market, according to July revenue reports filed with the Louisiana Gaming Control Board.
The Louisiana State Gaming Control Board has ruled that video poker machines at Delta Downs in Vinton qualify as slot machines under state law.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call