Mandy Pope collected another high-class filly Sept. 11 at the Keeneland yearling sale, scooping the $2.2 million session-topper and sale leader, a half sister to grade I winners Will Take Charge and Take Charge Indy.
Gross sales, average price, and median price all rose by double-digit percentages following day six of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock sale.
A filly from the first crop of grade II winner Congrats was purchased by Thomas M. McGreevy, as agent for Rick Porter's Fox Hill Farm, for $150,000 during the opening minutes of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale in Lexington July 20.
Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale, which begins Monday in Lexington, will be bigger than ever before. The auction's total of 2,933 lots exceeds by 425 the former January record of 2,508, set last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses