Breeder's Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Wilko will stand the 2013 breeding season at Highfield Stock Farm near Alberta, Canada. A fee will be announced later.
Free Fee Lady's game victory in the $243,904 Wonder Where Stakes gave the daughter of Victory Gallop two jewels in Canada's Triple Tiara for 3-year-old fillies Aug. 1 at Woodbine.
Free Fee Lady collected the pieces when 1-10 favorite Embur's Song burnt out in upper stretch, drawing away to a four-length win for jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson in the $241,851 Bison City Stakes at Woodbine July 11.
Distorted Dave's triumph in a $48,400 allowance race at Santa Anita March 26 has trainer John Sadler thinking of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with the Distorted Humor colt.
Cape Canaveral, who has sired 10 stakes winners from his first three crops, has been purchased for stallion duty at Highfield Stock Farm near Okotoks, Alberta, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star