Moyglare Stud's 3-year-old filly Candle Lit was bought for a sale-topping 100,000 euros (US$133,493) at the second and final session of the Goffs February mixed sale Feb. 14 at Kildare Paddocks.
California Memory got a perfect trip in Sunday's Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) and went on to win the day's most iconic race for the second straight year.
Highest Honor, a major winner and a leading sire twice in France, died June 25 of a heart attack at age 26.
After standing 20 years at Alec Head's stud farm in Normandy, France, Highest Honor, a French champion and two-time leading sire, has been pensioned.
Sheikh Mohammed was, and he'll say the same today too, always adamant Dubai Millennium was the best horse he'd ever seen and was going to be the best stallion.
American-bred Vangelis got a well-timed ride from leading French jockey Christophe Soumillon to win the Prix d'Harcourt (Fr-II) for older horses at 1 1/4 miles at Longchamp Sunday.
State of Art, who has rated comparison to the champion mare Triptych by her trainer David Smaga, proved best over the final furlong to post a three-quarters of a length victory in Sunday's Prix de la Nonette (Fr-III) for 3-year-old fillies at Deauville.
Criquette Head-Maarek runners finished one-two in the Group I Prix de la Foret at Longchamp on Sunday afternoon, with Dedication sporting her mother's colors, beating Medecis by a neck.
Following the two-day Orby sale, there was a lively trade at the one-day Goffs Challenge Sale at Kill, Co Kildare, Ireland, Thursday with a 180,000 euros ($178,173) daughter of French stallion Highest Honor heading the way.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules